Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Sleep Study
On the 18th I had the extreme pleasure of participating in a sleep study. Okay, so it really wasn't a pleasure since I did NOT want to go. My rheumatologist insisted that it needed to be done before we pursued any aggressive treatment on my not sleeping. I don't like feeling that I can't function during the day because I don't sleep at night. So, after much chagrin I finally agreed to go.
Luckily for me the people that helped me that night were way cool. They joked around with me and made me feel completely at ease. They took me to my room which looked like a nice hotel room except for the camera in the corner. Then they took me for my wire makeover. It took awhile to get me all hooked up to the million wires that were going to record my every action that night. I was a little worried about the one they hooked up to my throat to see if I snored. How embarrassing is that to have strangers hear you snore! Even while they were hooking me up I could hear one man snoring on their computer. Oh boy, I was hoping that wouldn't be me!
It was about 11:30 at night by the time I got to lay down on my bed for the night. It took me a little while to fall asleep. I don't know how long it was before I woke up. It felt like I laid there forever tossing to and fro. The little monitors they hooked to my head were giving me a headache and I had to really pee but I didn't want to get up. As it turns out I probably should have because the techs were bored. They are used to 60+ aged sleep subjects that get up several times a night to potty. Oh well.
They woke me up at about 6:00 a.m. and I did not want to be up yet. I felt sooooo tired. I just laid there while he started asking me what kind of muffin and juice I wanted. I was hoping for breakfast in bed but he didn't go for that. Dang it! I can't anyone to serve me breakfast in bed! I had to tease the doctor about it as we said our good-byes.
I'm not sure when I will hear my results. I doubt they'll find anything. It was probably just another test to waste my time and money. We'll see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment